Class Schedule Class Registration
Entry Level Classes
- “Young” Puppy Obedience Class 12 weeks to 6 months on first night of class. –This class is for our youngest puppies! All pups must be up to date on their vaccination schedules to begin classes. For dogs 12 weeks to 6 months of age.
- Manners Class – This class is for dogs of any age that have not had any prior obedience training. “Life skills” such as; walking on a leash without pulling, coming when called and sitting calmly to be pet will be emphasized.
Second Level Classes
- Introduction to Obedience / CGC Class – This class is for dogs/puppies who have completed a puppy or beginner class, and/or are able to walk on a loose leash, sit and down. It is the beginning of formal obedience training and fine tuning, but is also an excellent tool for owners who enjoy working with their dog and their classmates, with the end result being a well-rounded companion. Canine Good Citizen Testing is offered at this level. This class is required before moving into any of our upper level classes.
Upper Level Classes
- Intermediate Obedience – This class is open to dogs and handlers who have completed at least one session of Introduction to Obedience. The skills needed to begin competition in AKC Beginner Novice will be taught at this level. Advanced CGC may also be offered.
- Competition Obedience – This class is open to dogs and handlers who have completed at least one session of Intermediate Obedience training. Good off lead skills are a must. Teams must be currently competing or ready to compete in the near future. This class may be repeated as needed
- Agility 1 (Foundations) – This class is open to dogs who have completed at least one session of Intro. to Obedience. This course is a transitional course between obedience and agility. It addresses skills necessary to be successful in agility such as attention, listening, coming when called, following the body language of the handler, learning to follow verbal commands both on lead and off lead, targeting, work with cones, learning to come to side, and working on and off lead in situations with distractions. Handlers also work on some basic agility footwork.
- Agility 2 (Obstacles) – This class is open to dogs who have completed at least one session Agility 1 or have permission from the instructor. Dog/handler teams learn to successfully perform all the agility obstacles including weave poles and the teeter and begin work in sequencing. This course is generally repeated until dogs are competent on all obstacles.
- Agility 3 (Sequences) – To enter this class dogs should be competent on all agility obstacles including the teeter and weave poles. Sequencing skills are developed through the use of sequences and full courses.
- Competition Agility 1 (Novice) – This class is open to dogs that are preparing to compete in Agility for the first time. This class covers skills needed for success in AKC Novice classes. Dogs should be proficient on all obstacles and able to preform sequences of 10 obstacles.
- Competition Agility (Open and above) – Dogs in this class should be actively competing in agility. This class covers skills needed for success in AKC Open, Excellent and Premier classes.
- Intro to Rally – This class is open to dogs and handlers who have completed at least one session of Intro. to Obedience training AND who have good heeling skills (tight leashes are a big ‘no no’ in Rally!) and have reliable sits, downs and recalls. This class may be repeated as needed.
- Intermediate/Competition Rally – This class is open to dogs and handlers who have completed at least one session of Introduction to Rally class. Good off lead skills are a must. Teams must be currently competing or ready to compete in the near future. This class may be repeated as needed.
- Breed Handling (Conformation) upon demand – Prepare dogs and owners for the conformation ring. Sessions will be positive with a high rate of reinforcement. Topics include: Pick the right lead, practice gaiting, hand stacking, free stacking, to bait, or not to bait, teaching dog to tolerate the hand examination and ring etiquette.
- Trick Dog upon demand – This class is open to dogs of any age who have completed at least one session of Intro. to Obedience. Dogs will be introduced to tricks from the AKC Trick Dog Novice checklist with the goal of earning the AKC Novice Trick Dog Title (TKN). Dogs are not required to be AKC registered.
- Intro to Nosework upon demand – Nosework enhances the dogs natural instinct to hunt. It harnesses the dogs ability to detect scent and find the source. It was modeled after bomb and detection dogs. It is fun to watch your dog work with the instincts he was given. Dogs ages 4 mos and up can benefit. It is not physically taxing and has helped reactive/shy dogs. Each dog works individually in a gated area. If your dog can look for food in a cardboard box, he is ready for Nosework.