Virtual Rally Trials at Azalea Dog Training Club! Azalea Dog Training Club will be offering VIRTUAL RALLY TRIAL slots on October 15, 2023 from 2-4 PM. You can sign up for a 1/2 hour slot and have your Rally course recorded so you can send it to AKC to qualify for runs towards your Rally titles! We will be offering the Novice class course but Intermediate, Advanced, and Excellent levels are available upon request. COME JOIN US!
What: VIRTUAL RALLY
When: October 15, 2023 from 2-4 PM
Where: Azalea Dog Training Club 14 S 16th Street Wilmington, NC 28401
This class prepares you and your dog to become a therapy dog team. You will learn the skills to become certified with The Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs, Inc. Once certified, you will be able to visit hospitals, nursing homes, and schools as a therapy dog team. **Please note that The Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs, Inc. certification test will not be given during this class, but you will receive information on where to get tested.**THIS CLASS MEETS ONE TIME FOR 2 HOURS. IT IS NOT A 6-WEEK CLASS. The class fee is $60.00.Instructor: Diane Dargay
2. Wear only flat heel shoes with a back or back strap.
3. For safety NO flip flops, crocks, or Birkenstocks.
4. Bring ONLY SOFT treats-BilJac small dog training treats for all size dogs and Lean Treats bought at Vet offices and cut in quarters are good choices.
5. Treat pouch- nail aprons are good for this.
6. A 6′ leash with a single hand loop- with NO metal hooks or clips or poop bags attached
7. Collar that fits the neck with only a two-finger space around the neck. Can be prong, flat buckle or flat with plastic clip, or martingale. Harnesses are not recommended. If you need to use a harness for health reasons consider one made by Scrappy Pet. www.scrappypets.com
8. Bring poop bags.
9. In order to train your dog needs to be hungry. Do not feed a full meal within 6 hours of class. Instead, feed a few kibble so your dog has something in their stomach. Do not do heavy exercise with your dog the day of class. Please enter for class from the parking lot in rear of the building. The entry to the parking lot is off Dock Street.
ENTRANCE TO OUR BUILDING IS LOCATED AT THE BACK OF OUR BUILDING. PLEASE PARK IN THE PARKING LOT BEHIND THE BUILDING. YOU CAN ENTER THE PARKING LOT FROM MARKET STREET, DOCK STREET, 16th STREET or 15th STREET. SEE MAP ATTACHED.
We are located near historic downtown Wilmington on the corner of Market and 16th Streets.